Catherine Sullivan, MSW, RSW
EMDR, Free Consult, In Person, Supervision, Talk Therapy
With over 16 years of experience, I can help you regain your confidence, re-establish your connections with yourself and others, and rebuild your sense of safety and security.
I have worked in many areas from child protection to community mental health to employee assistance counselling and private practice. I have a B.A. Honours in Psychology from Western University and a Masters of Social Work from Carleton University.
I use an eclectic mix of therapeutic techniques to suit your unique needs and will collaborate with you to build a treatment plan to address your therapeutic goals. I have training in CBT, TF-CBT, DBT, DDP and, more recently, EMDR.
My approach to therapy is warm, empathetic and client-centered. I work through trauma-focused, feminist and anti-oppressive lenses. I believe in meeting you where you’re at and working at your pace. I use humour in my sessions and sometimes even a bit of swearing :).
When I’m not working you’ll likely find me on my yoga mat. I’m a single parent to an 11-year old child and 3-year old cat. I also love to read.
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) #83437
- Approved supervisor for Yorkville University Students
- Approved supervisor by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Masters of Social Work, 2007, Carleton University
- B.A. Honours Psychology, 2003, Western University
- Introduction to Clinical Supervision, Wilfrid Laurier University, 2022
- Safe and Effective Use of Self in Supervision, Wilfrid Laurier University, 2023
- EMDR Basic Training, Personal Transformation Institute, 2023